What is FlexiBowl?
FlexiBowl was created by ars. Ars has over 30 years in development and supply solutions for flexible automation. Their goal is to provide suitable solutions for the current times, which means their products are flexible, reliable, efficient, and technologically advanced. Ars solutions are designed according to the customer’s needs.
FlexiBowl is an innovative flexible parts feeder that provides separation of components such as metal, plastic, and rubber. FlexiBowl is versatile and able to feed any object with the help of combined movements provided by a servomotor and impulse generator.
Customize your FlexiBowl with multiple colors, textures, rotary disks, resistance, and degrees of surface adhesion.
How Does FlexiBowl Operate?
FlexiBowl is paired with a vibrating bulk feeder and an optional motorized hopper to achieve optimal operating autonomy. Communication with the robot controller and vision system is achieved by sending simple commands through available communications ports. (Ethernet (TCP/IP, UDP/IP), Ethernet/IP, digital I/O.)
The bulk feeder releases parts to fall onto the FlexiBowl surface. Once the parts are released from the bulk feeder the parts are effectively separated by the combination of bidirectional rotation and the impulse generator. Once the parts are separated, FlexiVision recognizes the parts and sends communication to the robot for pickup.
- High performance (over 80 ppm)
- 7 kg max payload
- Reliable and lean design
- Low maintenance
- Intuitive programming
- Works in extreme environments
- Suitable for tangly and sticky parts
- Multiple optional additions
- Feed small/medium-sized parts
- Vibrating linear base
- INOX steel
- Rear door
- Hand protector
- 1.5lt, 5lt, 10lt, 20lt, and 40lt tank volumes
- 110 Vac / 230 Vac power supply
- Dynamic control of all FlexiBowl functionalities (acceleration, speed, angle, flip)
- Bulk feeder histogram control
- Robot and camera calibration
- Vision models of the parts
- Coordinates to robot
- Robot Pick & Place sequences
- Robot communication control
- Receipt management
- Geometry and pattern matching